In recent weeks, the works at the orphanage in Kenya have been completed, in which the volunteers who have collaborated this summer at the center and the children have participated. Diego has worked very hard these months so that these much-needed improvements could be finished and We can already see the boys' room finished, the girls' room improved and new materials that will make life a little easier for all these little ones. The exterior walls of the rooms were decorated with educational murals
We continue to work at the orphanage and school in Kenya to improve the facilities. In the last post we told you how Diego's day to day was being and how his work was going. The children's room was very advanced and the walls had to dry to give the last layers and be able to paint them. The exterior walls have already been painted and the interior ones will be painted these days, the weather has not been very good in recent weeks. It has been raining, which has made it difficult for
Since the last post we published in Tumaini, Diego has continued working on the improvement works at the Nairobi orphanage and the results are already beginning to be seen! The improvements have started in the children's room with the bioconstruction system. The walls of the children's room are almost ready! On July 7 we finished filling them with mud and straw. Afterwards, we had to wait a bit to apply the plasters (a mixture of earth, lime and straw to smooth the walls completely).
Diego with boys and girls from the orphanageAt the beginning of June, Diego traveled to Nairobi to carry out improvement works at the orphanage and the school with which we collaborate. After we successfully completed the crowdfunding campaign in Tumaini and the Training Express company donated 3,000 euros for these works, we decided to look for a person specialized in bioconstruction to improve the facilities in the most sustainable way possible. Everything in Kenya is very different and this kind of construction is still very